The downside to the holidays is that when they wrap up, we are just at the beginning of a long and cold winter here in New England!
Fortunately there are lots of fun winter festivals and events that take place in and around Burlington that encourage you to get out of the house and avoid cabin fever!
- Shelburne Farms has a full array of offerings going on throughout the winter months! From evening knitting circles to Full Moon Sleigh Rides, there is something for everyone. An all day Winterfest full of snowy activities is held at the end of January.
- Burlington Winter Festival – held at the beginning of February this event includes snow carving, a family expo, a musical concert and a full day of winter fun and activities. Mark your calendars and enjoy downtown Burlington in the snow!
- The Essex Winter Carnival is always a big hit, especially for people with families! The day includes music, snow sculptures, snow-shoe and X-country ski demonstrations and great food. This popular event usually takes place at the beginning of March.
- Winter Trails Day on January 11! Nordic skiing and snowshoeing are free at multiple locations throughout the state. Take advantage of the deal and try something new! More info on locations can be found here.
- Heritage WinterFest is a full weekend of fun at Smuggler’s Notch Resort on January 25 and 26! Celebrate winter with a guided snowshoeing nature walk at Smugglers’ Nordic Center, sleigh rides, children’s story hour, bonfire and fireworks!
- Try something new or hone your skills with a cooking class at The Essex Resort and Spa! Work alongside chefs and prepare a delicious meal using local Vermont ingredients. They even have cooking camps for kids!