Real Estate in Winooski Vermont
Winooski, Vermont’s name comes from a word derived from the Abenaki Indian word “Winoskitegw” – the “land of the wild onion”. As early as 750 AD, the Abenaki tribe lived along the shores of the Winooski. Today, this city on the Winooski is affectionately known as the Onion City. In 1772 Ira Allen harnessed the power of the falls and built several mills and a shipyard. His mills were the first of the many mill buildings that have defined the Winooski downtown cityscape ever since.
Many of Winooski’s old mills, and the offices and shops that served mill workers, still remain. These include the Woolen Mill, the Champlain Mill, and the Winooski Block. All are national historic register buildings, and are a prominent part of the Winooski Falls downtown development.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.